University of Hyogo School of Science

oversea study program

oversea study program

Oversea Study Program

Oversea Study Program

Guide for International Students

Foreign Resident Registration

All foreign nationals who intend to stay in Japan should register themselves at the local municipal office within 90 days of the date of entry. International students who live in the university accommodations can be registered at the Shingu-cho Branch of Tatsuno City Office.

Required items: Passport, Two identical photos (color, 4.5 cm × 3.5 cm (height × width)), Memorandum on which your address is written.

Extension of Period of Stay

International students who intend to extend the stay for their study at our university after the termination of the period of stay should renew their visa before the expiration date.

Scholarships for Self Financed International Students

For international students, about 15 scholarships are available. Note that all the applicants are not necessarily awarded. Please ask for details at the student affairs section.

  • Japan Student Services Organization
  • Rokko Scholarship Fund
  • Heiwa Nakajima Foundation
  • Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation
  • Funai Foundation for Information Technology
  • JGC-S Scholarship Foundation
  • Medical and Accident Insurance

    (1)Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research (PAISPER) of Japan Education Exchanges and Services

    PAISPER is an accident insurance whilst commuting and working at school, and compulsory for all undergraduate and graduate students of our university. The insurance contract must be made at the time of the entrance procedure of the university.
      Please inform the healthcare center if you have an accident.
      Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research (PAISPER) Japan Education Exchanges and Services.

    (2) National Health Insurance

    International Students who intend to stay in Japan for one year or more must get National Health Insurance. This insurance covers about 70 % of medical expenses, and an insured person will pay about 30 % of the expenses.

    (3) Medical Expense Support System

    International students who are treated at a medical institution in Japan are provided up to 80 % of the medical expenses by Japan Education Exchanges and Services. This service is available for the students who get National Health Insurance, but does not cover their family.
     To claim the subsidy, you need to bring the receipt for your payment of medical bill and your National Health Insurance card to the healthcare center.

    Part-Time Job

    International students are allowed to have a part-time job if they get permission in advance. Please ask for details at the student affairs section.

    International Student Advisory Service

    The Center for International Exchange of the university provides counseling for international students.
      Hours : 10:40 - 15:40, on 4th Tuesday of every month
      Place : Seminar room, in administrative building

    Other Systems

    (1) Tutorial Service

    We have a system in which graduate students assist international students for their study, research, and daily life, under the guidance of their supervisors.

    (2) Hyogo Culture Pass

    Hyogo Culture Pass offers international students the opportunity to appreciate Hyogo's historical and cultural assets.

    Returning to Your Home Country

    National Health Insurance should be canceled at the local municipal office.

    Required items: Your National Health Insurance card, Seal

    Agencies Concerned

    Himeji-ko Branch, Osaka Immigration Office
    294-1, Suka, Shikama-ku, Himeji, Hyogo 672-8063
    Tel: 0792-35-4688

    Shingu-cho Branch, Tatsuno City Office
    1048, Shingu, Shingu-cho, Tatsuno, Hyogo 679-4392
    Tel: 0791-75-0251